This page provides the most current information and will be continuously updated as federal and state guidance becomes available.
- Current Department and State Guidance
Workplace Closure posted 3-20-20
Frequently Asked Questions in the Workplace posted 3-20-20
State Employee Travel Guide posted 3-20-20
Department of Mental Health Leave Guidelines posted 3-20-20
- DD Operation/Provider Specific Guidance
- DHSS PPE Guidance posted 4-4-20
- SSA Representative Payees Regarding Grocery and Household Supply Purchases posted 4-2-20
- Guidance for Employment Services, Service Settings, and Unemployment posted 3-24-20; updated 4-2-20
- Telehealth Delivery of HCBS Waiver Services posted 3-30-20; updated 4-1-20
- ISP Planning, Monitoring and Review posted 3-19-20; updated 4-1-20
- DMH DD IQMFD Entry for COVID-19 posted 4-1-20
- Reporting DD Service Participant with COVID-19 posted 3-30-20
- Reporting DD Service Participant with COVID-19 Appendix A posted 3-30-20
- Reporting DD Service Participant with COVID-19 Appendix B posted 3-30-20
- QE RN Health Identification and Planning posted 3-30-20
- Inquiries for Complaints of Abuse/Neglect and Misuse of Funds/Property posted 3-19-20; updated 3-30-20
- Due Process—Limitation of Rights posted 3-27-20
- CPR, First Aid, and DMH Med Aide Recertification posted 3-26-20
- Self-Directed Supports Exceptions and Changes posted 3-25-20
- Utilization Review (UR) Process Changes Necessitated by the COVID-19 State of Emergency posted 3-24-20
- Guidance for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) posted 3-24-20
- Reporting of Disruption of a DMH DD Contracted Service Due to COVID-19 posted 3-23-20
- Suspending On-site Surveys for DMH OLC Due to COVID-19 posted 3-23-20
- Emergency Process for SIS, Vineland, ABES and MOCABI Assessments and Level of Care Determinations posted 3-23-20
- Waiver Rule Exceptions and Operational Changes updated posting 3-20-20
- State Employee Travel Guidance posted 3-20-20
- Alternative Process for Regional Office QE RN Health Identification and Planning QE RN Review Via phone posted 3-19-20
- Alternative Process for Quality of Services Reviews and Focus Reviews Via Phone posted 3-19-20
- Alternative Method for Conducting Due Process Review Committees posted 3-19-20
- Guidance for Community Providers posted 3-19-20
- Guidance for Congregate Settings updated posted 3-19-20
- Suspension of Guidelines #55 Provider Relations Review; #9 Targeted Case Management Review and #61 Individual Support Plan Review posted 3-19-20
- Residential Service RN Oversight posted 3-18-20
- Provider Letter posted 3-17-20
- Face-to-Face Visits Guidance posted 3-17-20
- Resources and Videos
- CDC Key Points COVID-19 4-3-20
- COVID-19 Precautions & Preventative Measures (Updated link)
- Wash your Hands! And other tips to stay healthy this season
- The Role of the DSP and the Coronavirus Webinar Recording
- How to Make Your Own Hand Sanitizer
- Cleaning and Sanitizing with Bleach after an Emergency
- COVID-19 Coronavirus--Oregon DDS
- Missouri Department of Social Services COVID-19
- DMH-Division of Behavioral Health COVID-19
- Preparing for Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Influenza: Free Online Training & Resources
- Missouri Board of Pharmacy COVID-19 Rule Updates
- MO HealthNet Pharmacy Early Refill
- MO HealthNet Diabetic Supplies
- Department of Health and Senior Services - COVID-19
- Social Security and Coronavirus
- Emergency Child Care
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- 2020 MO HealthNet Provider Hot Tips
- Plain Language Booklet on Coronavirus
- Spanish Plain Language Booklet on Coronavirus
- Preparing for COVID-19 in the Disability Community
- Sick with COVID-19 CDC Guidance
- CDC How to Discontinue Home Isolation & Return to Work
- DHSS Guidance on Hospice Care in Long Term Care Facilities
- ECHO Autism Parent Resources During COVID-19
- Resources for HCBS Waiver Technology Medication Administration Systems
- NCI COVID-19 Bulletin
- COVID-19 Observe! Decide! Act!
- NADSP DSP COVID-19 Toolkit
- Missouri Disability & Health Collaborative
- Stress and Coping During COVID-19
- Having a Meaningful Day under Shelter in Place—Ohio Dept. of DD
- Business Encouraged to Seek Relief
- U.S. Department of Labor Families First Coronavirus Response Act Q&A
- Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave Under Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Individuals and Families
The Division works to provide up-to-date information through a variety of sources, which are posted for all stakeholders, including families and individuals.
Under the “DD Operation/Provider Specific Guidance” ribbon, families and individuals will find information about specific DD related programs and processes that have been adapted to accommodate changes related to COVID-19.
Under the “Resources and Videos” ribbon, families and individuals will find various links to valuable information including instruction on proper hand-washing techniques, cleaning and sanitizing efforts, links to pharmacy information, positive COVID-19 guidance, COVID-19 information by and for people with disabilities, childcare resources, and more.
The Division encourages families, individuals, and stakeholders to stay connected by signing up for e-mail notifications, and following both the Department of Mental Health and the Division through social media venues including Facebook and Twitter where updates and valuable is posted regularly.
Individuals and families can also stay connected to local county-based resources in your area for important announcements and updates, such as targeted case management entities, provider agencies, educational entities, local county health departments, and disability specific entities providing services.
Additional COVID-19 information targeted to various audiences, including families and individuals, can be found at:
- Department of Mental Health (DMH) Disaster Services
- Department of Health and Senior Service’s (DHSS)
- Missouri Developmental Disabilities Council (MODDC)
- Missouri Family-to-Family (MOF2F) for peer connections and resources
- Fact Sheet from the Administration on Community Living (ACL)
- Mental Health Considerations from the World Health Organization
- DHSS COVID-19 24-hour hotline: 1-877-435-8411
- If you need assistance in managing stress related to COVID-19, please call the Disaster Distress Helpline at: 1-800-985-5990 or text “TalkWithUs” to 66746
- Weekly Webinar Question/Answer Sessions
COVID-19 Updates and Question/Answer Webinars
All sessions begin at 10:30. Presenters include Val Huhn-DD Division Director, Wendy Witcig-DD Deputy Director, Angie Brenner-DD Federal Programs Director, Kim Stock-DD Quality Enhancement Director.
- Session 1-March 20-Recording Available
- Session 2-March 27-Due to unforeseen technical difficulties, a recording of this session is unavailable.
- Session 3-April 3-Registration Link
- Session 4-April 10-Registration Link
- Session 5-April 17-Registration Link
- Session 6-April 24-Registration Link
- Session 7-May 1-Registration Link
- Session 8-May 8-Registration Link
Target Audience includes Providers, TCM Entities, Division Staff, Individuals, Families and other interested individuals.
Click for more information about the webinars.
For the most current information on the status of the virus, federal and state announcements, and the most up to date resources, the following are the best sources for information.
- World Health Organization
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services
- Missouri Coronavirus Information Hotline: 877-435-8411. The hotline will be operated by medical professionals and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Missouri Department of Mental Health