The Employee Disqualification Registry (EDR) is a list of individuals disqualified from working with consumers receiving services from the department. Specific rules governing placement on the EDR can be found in Department Operating Regulations and Title 9 Code of State Regulations 10-5.200. The list contains the names of individuals with disqualifying charges of abuse, neglect, and/or misuse of funds who have exhausted their appeal process. The EDR does not include the names of individuals who may be disqualified for other reasons (e.g. a person has a disqualifying criminal conviction or placed on the Department of Health and Senior Services Employee Disqualification List (EDL).
In the State of Missouri, the EDR can be checked by using the Missouri State Highway Patrol Caregiver Background Screening Service or the Department of Health and Senior Services Family Care Safety Registry. Both methods include the ability to check the Department of Health and Senior Services Employee Disqualification List (EDL), the Department of Social Services Child Abuse and Neglect Central Registry and Missouri criminal history. Links are included below.
Instructions for Requesting an Exception or Removal from the EDR
- Memorandum to Applicants for Criminal History Exception
- Memorandum to Applicants for EDR Exception or Removal
- Instructions for EDR Exception due to Abuse - Neglect
- Instructions for Exception due to Criminal History
- Instructions for EDR Removal
Disqualifying Crimes Under Section 630.170
- Disqualifying Crimes Pursuant to Section 630.170, RSMo (Revised March 2017)
Disqualifying Crimes Not Eligible for an Exception
- Disqualifying Crimes Not Eligible for an Exception Pursuant to Section 630.170, RSMo (Revised March 2017)