The Division of Developmental Disabilities is committed to increasing community employment opportunities and scaling best practice through dedicated staff known as Employment First Specialists (EFS). EFS are available to assist businesses, community organizations, schools, service providers and support coordinators. Their mission is to bust myths and ensure that EVERYONE is informed of the opportunities and practices to support the growing number of individuals who express an interest in community employment.
How can an Employment First Specialist assist me?
- Sharing national best case practices pertaining to vocational exploration, career planning and the employment of persons with disabilities.
- Coordinating and promoting effective transition practices with school districts, state agencies and local community partners.
- Providing training and technical assistance on Social Security work incentives and benefits coordination.
- Assisting businesses with creating and maintaining a diverse workforce which is reflective of the communities where we live.
- Employment First Specialist One Pager