- Center for Behavioral Medicine
- Fulton State Hospital
- Hawthorn Children's Psychiatric Hospital
- Metropolitan St. Louis Psychiatric Center
- Northwest Missouri Psychiatric Rehabilitation Center
- Southeast Missouri Mental Health Center
- St. Louis Psychiatric Rehabilitation Center
Please use the coversheet linked above any time you submit an application for a DMH Consumer in a State Mental Hospital.
Send applications, MRT packet, medical records, and verification to the address listed on the coversheet: DMH Medicaid Unit
Age 22-65 in DMH Psychiatric Hospitals
These clients are not eligible for MO HealthNet coverage, but there are special procedures in place to get them coverage once they are discharged.
Under age 21 and 65+ in a Vendor/Medicaid certified bed
For patients under the age of 21 who are in a Vendor/Medicaid certified bed or any patient age 65+ who are in one of the above institutions the following steps should be taken to submit an application:
- If the client is under age 21 and not in a Medicaid Certified bed they will not be eligible until discharge.
- The client must be under 21 when admitted in order to be covered; coverage will continue until their 22nd birthday.
- Patients under age 21 at Hawthorn are eligible whether or not they are in a Medicaid Certified bed.
- Assist the DMH Consumer with completing the application.
- Complete the MRT Packet with the client. Skip this if the client is 65+ and/or if the client receives SSD/SSI.
- Complete the Aged, Blind, and Disabled supplement form.
- If the client is under 21 and in a Vendor/Medicaid Certified bed complete the IM-71. If this does not apply, skip this step.
- If the client is 65+ and in a Vendor/Medicaid Certified bed complete the DA124A/B and submit it to DHSSCOMRU (Central Office Medical Review Unit). If this does not apply, skip this step.
- Gather verification of income (other than SSD/SSI) and resources, including but not limited to
- Bank accounts/patient accounts
- Stocks, bonds, CDs, trusts
- Income from pensions or other sources
- Regardless of age, if the client is in a Medicaid Certified bed submit all of this verification including the IM-71 where applicable.
- Submit the application and any supporting documents with the DMH Consumers in a State Mental Hospital Coversheet.
Any time you have questions about the application process, case status, or general questions about MO HealthNet please email DMH.MedicaidElibility@dmh.mo.gov with the client’s name and DCN or DMH ID.