MO HealthNet Annual Renewals
On April 1, 2023 Family Support Division (FSD) resumed doing Annual MO HealthNet (Medicaid) Renewals (aka reviews, reinvestigations, re-determinations) with renewals to be completed on all cases by May 31, 2024. FSD will attempt to do as many renewals as possible on an ex-parte basis without contacting the participant based on information FSD has available from other sources. The first month participants received a request to return a renewal form is May 2023.
Please visit the Family Support Division website for updates on the restart of annual reviews.
All MO HealthNet (Medicaid) cases undergo an annual renewal of eligibility. The purpose of the renewal is to update the consumers current income and resources, and to make sure there have been no major life changes which may impact the client's case or eligibility. Sometimes this is referred to as an annual review, reinvestigation, reauthorization, or re-certification. This is a different and separate process than the MRT Disability Determination Process.
Two months prior to the renewal month, the Family Support Division (FSD) reviews the case to see if the renewal can be completed without contacting the participant based on information FSD has available from other sources (aka ex-parte). If FSD determines the participant remains eligible, they will be sent a letter stating their MO HealthNet coverage is renewed. If the renewal cannot be completed ex-parte (with no loss of coverage), in the month prior to the renewal FSD mails an annual renewal form (the FA-402 or IM-1U MAGI) to the consumer that is due back on the first or second working day of the renewal month. If the renewal form is not returned by the due date, FSD will send a 10 day advance adverse notice letter informing the consumer their MO HealthNet coverage will end on the last day of the month. A signed renewal form must be received by the last of the renewal month to prevent the termination. .
Wait for the consumer to receive the form mailed from FSD to start the process.
Staff should help the consumer complete the review form and submit it prior to the last working day of the renewal month.
MO HealthNet for the Aged, Blind, and Disabled Annual Review
FA 402 - MO HealthNet for the Aged, Blind, and Disabled
Use this annual review form for individuals who are receiving in the aged (65+), blind, or disabled categories:
• MO HealthNet - Permanently and Totally Disabled (PTD) (ME 13)
• MO HealthNet - Old Age Assistance (OAA) (ME 11)
• MO HealthNet - Aid to the Blind (AB) (ME 12)
• Supplemental Nursing Care (ME 14,15,16)
• Ticket To Work Health Assurance (TWHA) – (ME 85,86)
• Aid to the Blind (AB) and Supplemental Aid to the Blind (SAB) (ME 03)
• MO Children with Developmental Disabilities (ME 33,34)
• Blind Pension (BP) STATE ONLY (ME 02)
• Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB) (ME 55)
- MO HealthNet for MAGI (Family HealthCare) cases Annual Review
- Adverse Action for failure to return the Annual Review
- Time Frame to cancel adverse action
- Incorrect adverse action
- DMH Report of Consumers Due for Annual Renewal
August 7, 2019 Medicaid Annual Reviews: Guidance for Assisting Consumers Webinar recorded webinar and presentation