This page is designed for providers to locate information and documents pertaining to individuals involved in the criminal justice system.
Vivitrol Pre-release Projects
- There are two projects evaluating the effectiveness of providing Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT), specifically Vivitrol, to offenders prior to their release from incarceration.
Community Behavioral Health Liaison (CMHL)
- The CBHL program is part of the Strengthening Mental Health Initiative. Thirty CBHLs work across the state to assist law enforcement and courts. More information can be found at https://dmh.mo.gov/mental-illness/programs/liaisons
Crisis Intervention Team (CIT)
- CIT training is a training for law enforcement officers on how to approach and assist individuals who are experiencing a mental health crisis. One of the goals of the training is to prevent unnecessary incarceration of people with serious mental illness. You can find more information at https://www.missouricit.org/.
DOC/DMH Oversight Team
An interagency DOC/DMH Oversight Team was formed in 2011 and meets monthly.
MO Treatment Courts
- Medication Assisted Medication Treatment (MAT) is an evidence-based practice that combines pharmacological interventions with substance abuse counseling and social support.
- Missouri Division of Youth Services
- Missouri Juvenile Justice Association