This page is designed for providers to locate information and documents pertaining to individuals involved in the criminal justice system.
Community Behavioral Health Liaison (CBHL)
- The CBHL program is part of the Strengthening Mental Health Initiative. Thirty CBHLs work across the state to assist law enforcement and courts. Visit the DBH CBHL webpage for more information.
Crisis Intervention Team (CIT)
- CIT training is a training for law enforcement officers on how to approach and assist individuals who are experiencing a mental health crisis. One of the goals of the training is to prevent unnecessary incarceration of people with serious mental illness. You can find more information at https://www.missouricit.org/.
DOC/DMH Oversight Team
An interagency DOC/DMH Oversight Team was formed in 2011 and meets monthly.
Improving Community Treatment Success
- In 2018, the Missouri Department of Corrections was appropriated funds to establish and implement a community behavioral health program to provide comprehensive community-based services for people under MODOC supervision who have substance use disorders and/or co-occurring substance use disorders and mild to moderate mental illness, and are considered high risk for reoffending. Visit the DBH ICTS webpage for more information.
JRI Behavioral Health Workforce Development Workgroup
MO Treatment Courts
Vivitrol Pre-release Projects
- There are two projects evaluating the effectiveness of providing Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT), specifically Vivitrol, to offenders prior to their release from incarceration.
- Medication Assisted Medication Treatment (MAT) is an evidence-based practice that combines pharmacological interventions with substance abuse counseling and social support.
- Missouri Division of Youth Services
- Missouri Juvenile Justice Association
- Community Treatment and Services Referral Guidelines Form
- P&P-Provider Communication Ladder