In 2018, the Mental Health Services Council and the Substance Use Prevention and Recovery Council merged to form one united Division of Behavioral Health State Advisory Council (SAC).
The mission of the Council is to advise the Division of Behavioral Health in the development, funding, prevention, public understanding and coordination of specialized services to meet the needs of Missourians with mental health and substance use disorders.
In order to accomplish this mission the SAC shall:
- Collaborate with the DBH to develop and review the state plans for delivering behavioral health services pursuant to Title 42, 300x-3 (Federal statute) and CSR 631.020.8.
- Advise DBH in the development of models of services and long range planning and budgeting priorities.
- Identify statewide needs and recommend what specific methods, means, and procedures should be adopted to improve and upgrade the behavioral health service delivery system for citizens of this state.
- Provide education and information about mental health and substance use.
- Monitor, evaluate, and review the allocation and adequacy of behavioral health services within the state.
- Provide oversight for suicide prevention activities.
- Membership Information
- Meeting Information