What is a CMHC Healthcare Home?
Missouri's CMHC Healthcare Homes (HCH) are designed to integrate care for chronic health conditions into the CMHC setting. The CMHC HCHs assist individuals in accessing needed health services and supports, in learning to manage their health conditions, and in improving individuals’ general health by monitoring health conditions, healthcare needs and intervening when health conditions are not properly controlled or managed. HCHs promote and encourage wellness, healthy lifestyles and preventative care, educate and teach persons how to better manage their chronic health conditions, educate agency staff about chronic health conditions and how to manage them, and encourage a population health approach to help improve chronic health conditions for persons served by CMHCs.
Individuals covered by MO HealthNet are eligible to be served by a CMHC Healthcare Home if they have:
- A serious mental illness (including children and adults receiving psychiatric rehabilitation services under the Medicaid Rehabilitation Option), or
- A mental health condition and a substance use disorder, or
- A mental health condition or a substance use disorder, and one of the following chronic conditions or risk factors:
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Developmental Disability
- Overweight (BM >25)
- Use Tobacco
This website provides information regarding the development, and current status, of Missouri’s CMHC Healthcare Homes. Information regarding Missouri’s Primary Care Health Homes can be accessed at the following website: dss.mo.gov/mhd/cs/health-homes/
- Introduction to Missouri's CMHC Healthcare Homes
This section contains general information, achievements, and reports regarding MO CMHC Healthcare Homes (HCH).
State Plan Amendment (SPA) for Missouri's Healthcare Homes
Department of Mental Health Certification Standards
The Behavioral Health Healthcare Homes (CMHC HCH) standards can be found in Division 10 - Chapter 7: Core Rules for Psychiatric and Substance Abuse Programs beginning on page 11.
Awards and Recognition
HCH Annual Reports
- Missouri Community Mental Health Center Healthcare Home
- HCH Policy Memos and Clinical Bulletins
This section contains the policy memos, clinical bulletins, and guidelines regarding the operations of HCHs.
CMHC HCH Memos and Bulletins
- CMHC HCH Staffing Expectations memo
- Documentation of HCH Services
- Primary Care Physician Consultant (PCPC) Options for HCHs
- Billing Policies for NCMs
- Addressing Physical Health Needs of Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Clients
- Healthcare Home Health Screenings
- Metabolic Syndrome Screening Billing and Healthcare Homes
- HCH Forms and Tools
This section contains the forms and tools needed to complete the daily operations of a HCH.
- The Healthcare Home Contact Profile Form must be completed for all new HCH hires. Staffing changes must be reported to the DBH Integrated Care Program Coordinator within five days of a vacancy or filled position.
- CMHC HCH Enrollment Form
- CMHC HCH Transfer Form
- CMHC HCH Discharge Form
Please encrypt all emails containing PHI, if you have any questions please email the DBH Integrated Care Program Coordinator at: Jessica.Bounds@dmh.mo.gov.
- HCH Training
This section contains educational information for training new staff and provides other HCH training materials.
HCH General Training Tools
- HCH 101 PowerPoint
- HCH Q&A
- CMHC Healthcare Home Flyer
- CMHC Introductory Script
- HCH Letter to MO HealthNet Providers
- HCH Introductory Letter to Hospitals
- The Howard Narrative
- Healthcare Home and CPRC Integration
- Population Health Management Roadmap
HCH Staff Training Tools
Metabolic Syndrome Screening Training Tools
Medication Reconciliation Tools
- Guidelines for Medication Reconciliation
- Medication Reconciliation Post Hospital Discharge Guidelines
HCH Training Links
The Missouri Coalition for Community Behavioral Healthcare and the Missouri Department of Mental Health are sponsoring this website for champions of health and wellness. On this website you will find health and wellness articles, news, videos, and webinars. You can find documents from trainings, meeting minutes, activities, PowerPoints, etc. https://www.wellmissouri.com/
- Disease Management
This section contains a brief introduction to the Disease Management (DM) Projects in MO, as well as a link to the DM home pages.
The Disease Management (DM) Projects are a collaborative effort among the Department of Mental Health’s (DMH) Division of Behavioral Health (DBH), the Department of Social Services’ (DSS) MO HealthNet Division (MHD), and the Coalition for Community Behavioral Healthcare. The DM Projects outreach Medicaid-eligible adults who have a serious mental illness or substance use disorder, high medical costs, and are not currently receiving behavioral health services.