The Division of Behavioral Health (DBH) presents a training opportunity for all certified behavioral health treatment providers. The Division recognized that the community support standards needed to be updated to reflect the current best practices in the field of behavioral health and that the clinical needs of those we serve should drive services rather than the persons’ diagnoses.Therefore, the DBH updated the community support definition, key service functions, staff qualifications and training requirements to be uniform for both the mental health and substance use populations. Supporting documents are including as part of the web-based training.
The revised Community Support information will be the basis for new administrative rules. Rule promulgation processes are being initiated at the Division. This information is also being included in the next revisions of the MO HealthNet CPR and CSTAR provider manuals. The DBH considers the information effective as of January 1, 2014. Thus, services should be delivered in accordance with these new principles effective this date. Please note that demonstration of competency related to the new community support information will be required within the personnel records of community support specialists and community support supervisors. A twenty (20) question post-test has been developed and is available as one method of demonstrating this competency. Competency is determined by correct answers for 100% of the questions. Individuals may take the test more than once. For those agencies not using the Coalition’s essential learning system, please provide contact information for who should receive the post-test key.
Please send questions to Rhonda.Turner@dmh.mo.gov or Susan.Blume@dmh.mo.gov or by mail to Rhonda or Susan at Department of Mental Health, Division of Behavioral Health, 1706 East Elm, Jefferson City, MO 65101.
- Community Support 101 Webinar - watch now (approximate time 1 hour and 20 minutes).
- Revised - Community Support 101 Q&A - new questions and answers are in blue and green font
- PowerPoint Handout
- Community Support Definitions and Key Service Functions
- Key Service Functions with Examples
- Community Support Qualifications
- Community Support Qualifications Memo - New 10/11/18
- Training Requirements
- Companion Document for Staff Competencies/Training
- Appropriate Community Support in the Workplace
- Community Support/Extended Day Treatment Comparison
- 20 Question Post-Test