- Client Rights Brochure - Community Services | ASL Video
- Client Rights Brochure - State Operated Facilities | ASL Video
- Summary of Rights for Consumers - State-Operated Facilities
- los derechos de los consumidores
- Patient's rights - limitations
- Patient's entitlements - administrative review of violations
Individuals served by the Department of Mental Health are entitled by Missouri law to many rights without limitations. Some of these rights include:
- humane care and treatment;
- safe and sanitary housing;
- to be treated with dignity as a human being;
- to have a nourishing, well-balanced, and varied diet;
- to be free from verbal, physical, and sexual abuse.
The publications on the right provide more information about constituent rights.
Complaints & Grievances
The Department of Mental Health has regulations (DOR 2.105, DOR 2.205, DOR 2.210,and DOR 2.220) which prescribe procedures for reporting, investigating, and processing grievances of alleged violations of client's rights. The DOR entitles clients access to a grievance process which includes appeal rights if requested.
If you believe any of your rights have been violated, you have physically or verbally abused or neglected, or had a misuse of funds, you may file a grievance form with the person in charge of your agency, facility, or unit. An impartial review of your grievance will be conducted and an investigation of your complaint may be initiated.
In addition to filing the grievance form with the person in charge of your agency, facility, or unit, you may mail or email a copy to the Client Rights Coordinator, the Division Director of Behavioral Health, or the Division Director of Developmental Disabilities at the addresses below.
Office of Constituent Services
Department of Mental Health
P.O. Box 687
Jefferson City, Mo 65102