Trauma Informed Care involves using trauma knowledge to guide how treatment and services are delivered and how a trauma lens can be applied to promote organizational change. Our website features some information and resources about trauma informed care. The Department of Mental Health (DMH) offers support, training and consultation on trauma-related topics.
- Trauma Information & Treatment Models
General information about Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and Trauma and Treatment for infants, children, youth and adults.
- Missouri Trauma Initiative
Missouri Trauma Initiative captures Missouri’s journey toward trauma informed care, highlights state-wide efforts across many executive departments and collaborative efforts to promote trauma informed communities for Missouri’s citizens.
- Missouri Trauma Roundtable Documents
DMH and its partners formed Missouri Trauma Roundtable and created several guidance documents to assist individuals and organizations with becoming trauma informed. Since 2018, Missouri Trauma Roundtable meets separate from DMH and continues to focus on advancing trauma informed care.
- MO Trauma Initiative In the News
Articles highlighting various trauma-related work across the state of Missouri.
- Websites & Resources
Websites and resources on trauma-related education, research, advocacy and treatment.
- ACEs too High
- Article: Law Enforcement Traumatic Stress: Clinical Syndromes and Intervention Strategies
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention – ACEs
- Center for Healthcare Strategies
- Center on the Developing Child at Harvard University
- Childhood Violent Trauma Center
- Coalition for National Trauma Research
- Disaster Behavioral Health Preparedness and Response Resources
- Missouri Center for Education Safety
- Missouri Children’s Trauma Network
- Missouri Children’s Trust Fund
- Missouri Model for Trauma Informed Schools
- Missouri Trauma Informed Schools Initiative
- Missouri Wellness Cultural Competency
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- National Institute on Mental Health: Helping Children and Adolescents Cope with Disasters and Other Traumatic Events
- Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics
- SAMHSA: Disaster Behavioral Health Preparedness and Response Resources
- SAMHSA: Tip 57 Trauma Informed Care in Behavioral Health Care
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- The American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress
- US Department of Veteran’s Affairs, National Center for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Zero to Three