The Helping Hands of Southeast Missouri Mental Health Center (SMMHC) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization which advocates for the mentally disabled through community education and active solicitation of goods, services and donations which cannot be provided by the facility due to law or limitation of funds.
Goals of Helping Hands
- To provide opportunities by which community interests can be effectively channeled to utilize the many talents and skills of individuals and organizations to supplement staff and consumer services at SMMHC.
- To educate the community about mental illnesses and that persons who have a mental illness are able to recover to lead productive and satisfying lives in their community.
- To plan fund-raising activities, special programs, and secure needed items for the facility and consumers.
- To extend, enrich, and support staff services at SMMHC.
How can you help?
- By becoming an advocate for persons who have a mental illness
- By becoming a member
- By serving on the board
- By inviting us to speak to your organization
- Receive a tax break for a financial contribution
- By helping with a fundraiser
Each year Helping Hands of SMMHC sponsors several annual fundraisers. Each is designed to enhance financial stability while creating a fun event to match the special interests of the attendees.
How can you help make these events successful?
- Helping Hands 8K Run or 40K Duathlon (Click here for the registration form)
- Helping Hands 8K Run or 40K Duathlon (Click here for the flyer with information)
- Purchase a ticket
- Donate or solicit a raffle item
- Underwrite an expense
- Donate an attendance prize
- Donate your time to help plan, market or organize an event
Who to Contact:
For more information, you may contact one of the following board members:
- Janine Semar at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jessica Herwig at email@example.com
- Vicky Winick at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Angela Hahnemail@example.com
- Greg Sebastian at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michelle Ramirezemail@example.com
- Walt Barron at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Susan Rudroff at email@example.com
- Denis Murphy firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gordon Eppsemail@example.com