Mission, Vision, Values, Philosophy
Deliver the highest quality of specialized psychiatric evaluation, inpatient care and education to forensic clients in a safe and secure environment.
Be recognized as a national leader in providing individualized care, treatment and education which reaches beyond stabilization and competency restoration to positively impact our clients' choices and lives long after discharge.
- Effectively balancing the Rights of Our Clients with our responsibility to the justice system and to public safety.
- The dignity and courage of clients who strive to cope with mental disorders
- Our competent and dedicated employees who consistently exceed expectations
- Ongoing education and training of staff
- Delivery of evidence-based practices and verifiable quality outcomes
- Active treatment utilizing a multidisciplinary approach
- Efficient use of resources
- Change guided by continuous quality improvement
- Embracing the Tradition of Caring which defines the History of our hospital
- Safe and secure environment
- Open communication
- Cultural competency
Philosophy of Care
The focus of our services is to rapidly stabilize our clients and prevent relapse. While treatment of the current episode of illness is important, we must do all we can to prevent or delay the next one. To accomplish this goal, MPC provides unique opportunities for clients to be rapidly stabilized, restored to competency, learn about their illness, experience the most effective treatments and take responsibility for the treatment of their illness.