Certified Peer Specialist Training and Certification
To become a Certified Peer Specialist an individual must meet the following qualifications:
- Self identify as a present or former primary consumer of mental health services
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Pass background check or request an exception to the findings
- Complete a State approved training program and pass a standardized examination
- Complete the application located on the Missouri Credentialing Board website
- Complete a 5-Day Basic Training Program
- Following completion of the 5-Day Basic Training Program, the individual must pass a State of Missouri approved certification examination within six months
Annual continuing education will be offered so that a Peer Specialist can maintain certification.
See the Peer Specialist brochure for more detail.