Co-occurring disorders training
The University of South Florida has an on-line series or you can order a CD version.
This No Fee Training Series offers a comprehensive overview for counselors on topics related to assessing and treating persons with co-occurring disorders. A certificate of completion is available at no cost.
The topics covered include:
- Overview of the issue with prevalence rates
- Assessment issues
- Treatment guidelines
- Treatment models
- Creating a continuum of care
- Adolescents with co-occurring disorders
- Co-occurring disorders in older adults
- Persons with co-occurring disorders in the justice system
- Women and co-occurring disorders.
Go to Florida Mental Health Institute to see the training's offered.