- Access Crisis Intervention (ACI) Hotlines - Toll-free ACI Hotline numbers.
- Boys Town National Hotline - Offers a 24 hour Nationwide hotline providing short-term counseling and crisis intervention to children and families experiencing any type of difficulty in their lives: 1-800-448-3000.
- Copline - A national hotline run by retired law enforcement officers for active officers and their families: 1-800-COPLINE.
- Deafline Missouri (Statewide) - A crisis hotline for Deaf and Hard of hearing individuals: 1-800-380-DEAF (3323) (Voice/TTY).
- National Graduate Student Crisis Line - Call 1-877-GRAD-HLP (1-877-472-3457).
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - Calls to the Lifeline are routed to the closest possible crisis center to provide immediate assistance. Call for yourself, or someone you care about: 1-800-273-TALK (8255).
- NFL Life Line - A resource for current and former NFL players, coaches, team and league staff, and their family members: 1-800-506-0078.
- Poison Control Center 1-800-222-1222.
- The Trevor Helpline – Offers a national 24-hour, toll-free suicide prevention hotline aimed at gay and questioning youth and young adults: 1-866-4U-TREVOR.
Mental Health & Consumer Organizations
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance
- Mental Health American of Eastern Missouri
- Mental Health Association of the Heartland
- Missouri Coalition of Community Behavioral Healthcare (Statewide)
- National Institute of Mental Health
- National Alliance on Mental illness (NAMI)
National Organizations (Advocacy, Education, Research, etc.)
- American Association of Suicidology
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Kristin Brooks Hope Center - Operates the National Hopeline Network.
- International Association for Suicide Prevention (IASP)
- National Organization for People of Color to Prevent Suicide
- National Strategy for Suicide Prevention
- SAVE - Suicide Awareness Voices of Education - SAVE educates individuals about depression and suicide. Leaders in education and advocacy.
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center (SPRC) - Provides technical assistance, training, and information in order to strengthen prevention networks and advance the National Strategy.
- Surgeon General's Call to Prevent Suicide, July 1999
- The World Health Organization - Offers international data and research summaries.
Online Information, Screening and Help
- Befrienders International/Samaritans - An online resource that gives support through e-mail and offers a directory of local crisis helplines.
- Depression Test
- MayoClinic.org - Take the depression self-assessment and create a personal depression manager.
- Screening for Mental Health - Resources include the SOS Suicide Prevention Program and the Mental Health Self-Assessment Program for military service members and their families.
Resources for Youth, Parents, and Schools
- After a Suicide: A Toolkit for Schools
- DESE Youth Suicide Awareness and Prevention Model Policy 03.18
- CHADS Coalition for Mental Health (St. Louis) - Community Healing Adolescent Depression and Suicide (CHADS)
- The Jason Foundation - National group offering the "Promise for Tomorrow" program
- The Jed Foundation - Provides a number of useful mental health screening tools and relevant information for potentially at-risk young adults.
- National Resource Center for Mental Health Promotion and Youth Violence Prevention
- ParentLink (Statewide) - Has a toll-free "WarmLine" for parents and professionals to help answer any parenting questions or concerns. Toll-free #'s are 1-800-552-8522 or En Espanol 1-888-460-0008.
- Suicide Prevention in Higher Education (Statewide) - Partners in Prevention, a statewide coalition focused on the prevention needs of Missouri college students
Survivor Support Groups:
- AAS Support Group Page - Search for support groups in the United States
- AFSP Missouri Survivor Group Page (Statewide) - List of known support groups in Missouri.
- Compassionate Friends - Offers grief support for families following the death of a child of any age.
- Grief Share Recovery Support Group - Search for a group near you.
- Living With Suicide - Shared experiences and voices of loss.
- Suicide Awareness Survivor Support (the Kansas City area)
- Survivors of Suicide
Training and Education
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) - From Living Works Education.
- SPRC Training Institute - The SPRC Training Institute provides an ever-expanding array of curricula designed to build capacity for suicide prevention in state, tribal, local, and community-based organizations.
- QPR Institute - The web site includes a free downloadable version of the book "Suicide: The Forever Decision."