What does Social & Emotional Development look like 12 – 36 months?
- Begin to follow rules
- Temper tantrums are common
- Enjoy playing by themselves or beside other children
- Defend their own possessions
- Beginning to become independent and will be testing their limits
- Expressing new emotions such as jealousy, affection, pride, and shame
- Routines are very important
- May start to comfort other children
- Begin to initiate activities
- Beginning to actively resist discipline
How to encourage Social & Emotional Development in 12 - 36 months?