The Technology First initiative is designed to ensure technology is considered as part of all supports and services. It aims to help people learn more about how to use technology to improve their quality of life and experience more independence and personal freedom.
Technology First Coverage
- Missouri to Become Technology First State
- Are You a Technology First State
- Missouri Puts Technology First
- Missouri Joins Technology First
- Technology First State for Individuals with Disabilities
Missouri Tech Fests provide individuals, service providers, and community members the opportunity to explore assistive technology and remote support options available to promote independence.
Coverage of the Springfield Tech Fest includes:
Upcoming Tech Fests:
April 29th 10-2
711 Clark Street
May 13th 3:00-7:00
Special School District of St. Louis Co.
Central Office, Rooms 60-61
12110 Clayton Road
Town & Country, MO 63131
Just east of Ballas Road, south of Highway 40.
Enter through the lower level of the building.
Kansas City South, time and location are relocated
August 6th 10-2
Boone Electric Cooperative
1413 Rangeline Street
Columbia MO, 65201
Meeting participants should park in the north parking lot. If the meeting is held during BEC business hours, the parking lot in front of the building must be left available for BEC customers. Carpooling is recommended as a limited number of parking spaces are available.
September 12th 3:00-7:00
8670 N. Dixson St.
Kansas City MO, 64153
Located at the corner of N. Dixson & NW 87th Street – next to Build-a-Bear. Parking is available on the street or in the 86th Street garage
- Listen to a podcast featuring Division Director, Val Huhn, as she discusses the Technology First initiative.
- MoHousing collaborated with the Division of DD to provide a webinar about Technology First and its benefits. The presentation and webinar recording are now available.
- A Technology First video, developed by the Division of DD, highlights individuals who successfully use technology in their daily lives.