This service is the application of applied behavior analysis principles and strategies to help individuals demonstrating significant deficits (challenges) in the areas of behavior, social, and communication skills acquire functional skills in their homes and communities and/or to prevent hospitalizations or out-of-home placements. Behavior Analysis services may be provided to assist a person to learn new behavior directly related to existing challenging behaviors. Services may also be provided to increase existing behavior, to reduce existing behavior, and to emit behavior under precise environmental conditions. Behavior analysis services are strategies that are designed to change the strategies of support, environmental variables and contingencies that are utilized by or managed by the supports, natural and paid for an individual and are generally short term services.
Specific Services Include:
- Senior Consultant services and Behavior intervention Specialist services to:
- Complete Functional Behavior Assessment
- Development, monitoring, management and updating Behavior Support Plans by Licensed professionals
Who Can Provide Them?
Behavior service providers (including both senior consultant and behavior intervention specialist) must be licensed in the State of Missouri (20 CSR 2063-4.005; 20 CSR 2063-5.010), typically these services providers are Board Certified Behavior Analysts or Board Certified assistant Behavior Analysts, or licensed professional counselors, licesnsed psychologists or licensed social workers. These licensed professionals must have training and experience in applied behavior analysis as to practice under their respective licensure regulations.
More information is available at:
- Applied Behavior Analysis Services Workshop Powerpoint
- Questions from Behavioral Services Webex
- Behavioral Services Breakout
- Assessment of Behavioral Risk Factors
- Crisis Safety Assessment and Plan
- Time Out Explanation and Tip Sheet
- Behavioral Progress Note Tip Sheet
- Process for Behavior Service Referral and Authorization
- PPT-What to Expect form Good Behavioral Services
- Process for Exposure Assessment or Exposure Treatment Request and Authorization
- Request for Exposure Assessment Approval
- ABA Services Codes-Assessment Definitions Discussion