HCBS Transition Plan
In March 2014, the Center for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS) published the final rule regarding changes to Home and Community Based Waiver Services (HCBS Waiver) which defines a home and community based setting and person-centered planning requirements in Medicaid HCBS Waiver programs. The purpose of this regulation is to ensure that individuals receive Medicaid HCBS in settings that are integrated in and support full access to the greater community. This includes opportunities to seek employment and work in competitive and integrated settings, engage in community life, control personal resources, and receive services in the community to the same degree as individuals who do not receive Home and Community Based Services.
The rule requires states to develop a statewide transition plan to demonstrate how their HCBS Waiver programs comply with the new federal HCBS rules. Missouri’s draft transition plan incorporates all HCBS Waivers administered by Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS), Department of Mental Health (DMH), and Department of Social Services (DSS).
Additional information from CMS regarding this rule may be found at: www.medicaid.gov/medicaid/hcbs.
Statewide Transition Plan
- Initial Approval HCBS Statewide Transition Plan
- HCBS Statewide Transition Plan (submitted 10/4/16)
- HCBS Summary of Public Comments (submitted 10/4/16)
- HCBS Draft Statewide Transition Plan (Amended 7/27/16)
- CMS Final Rule Transition Plan Public Notice (7/27/16)
- HCBS Draft Statewide Transition Plan
- HCBS Summary of Public Comments
- 2016 Regulation and Policy Crosswalk
- 2016 Regulation and Policy Crosswalk - Updated March 2017
- 2016 Regulation and Policy Crosswalk-Updated November 2018
- 2016 Regulation and Policy Crosswalk-Updated April 2019
- HCBS Draft Training Crosswalk Summary - Updated January 2017
- HCBS Rule Transition Plan Webinar for Support Coordinators
- HCBS Rule Transition Plan Webinar for Providers
- HCBS Rule-Person Centered Planning and the Person Centered Service Plan Webinar
- Home and Community Based Services Webinar Follow-Up—May 21, 2018
Please view the list of Division webinars for additional training opportunities.