Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program
What is Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)?
SATOP is a statewide network of comprehensive, accessible, community-based education and treatment options for consumers arrested in Missouri for alcohol- and drug-related driving offenses. This network includes an assessment screening process at 200 locations (Offender Management Units ) statewide and referral to various SATOP education and treatment programs.
- Inform and educate drivers as to the hazards and consequences of impaired driving
- Promote safe and responsible decision-making regarding driving
- Motivate for personal change and growth
- Contribute to public health and safety
- All SATOP consumers can access affordable services in their own communities.
- Assessment screening recommendations should be based solely on the needs of the consumer.
- SATOP consumers are capable of learning and changing their behaviors related to impaired driving.
- SATOP consumers are treated with respect and dignity, and their rights are ensured by the staff providing them with SATOP services.