Self-Directed Support Coordinator
Self-Directed Supports (SDS) is an option for service delivery for individuals with developmental disabilities or their designated representatives, who wish to exercise more choice, control and authority over their individual supports. Self-Directed Support Coordinators (SDSC):
- Provide training and technical support to all Service Coordinators and stakeholders on the implementation process of Self-Directed Supports, to ensure each understands their roles and responsibilities.
- Coordinate and conducts reviews of Self-Directed Supports services to ensure that supports are implemented as written in the waiver and are within compliance with Department and Labor standards.
- Liaison with the Fiscal Management Service (FMS) to ensure that enrollment process is completed and authorized, budgets are approved and transferred and problem solves issues of concerns.
- Authorizes employee rates and agreements between the regional office and individual/designated representatives.
- Coordinates follow-up of quality assurance documentation to ensure all issues addressed in APTS and EMT's are addressed, in order to ensure health and safety of those utilizing Self-Directed Supports.
- Responsible for providing individuals and stakeholders with training based on self-determination to promote choice, control and independence to live the life of their choosing.