Family Support Coordinator-Supports for Individuals/Families
The Family Support Coordinator:
- Coordinates efforts to educate and inform families and individuals of policies, procedures and services available through the Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) and of services beyond those typically provided by the Division.
- Provides direct support to individuals/families that have met eligibility criteria.
- Hosts monthly webinars on family support issues for individuals/families/staff. Provides information specific to the Region in regards to local community resources.
- Assists with developing educational materials for families/individuals through approved trainings, brochures, etc which can be used universally throughout all regions.
- Ensures that the regional web page is consistent and uniform among all regionsand complies with DMH and DDD protocol and contains useful and relevant information for individuals/families.
- Attends or coordinates participation in regional events such as health fairs, transition fairs, PAC & RAC meetings, local club meetings, etc to promote awareness of Division resources and information, network with individuals/famililes, and gather input and feedback from them.
- Collaborates with others within the regional office and the Division, participates in workgroups and completes special assignments as requested.
- Works with all units within the regional office and the Division to ensure training, information and printed materials are accessible, useful and relevant to families, individuals and other stakeholders.