Please adhere to visitor rules and help us maintain a safe environment. Violation of our visitor's policy may result in the individual being asked to leave the racility and enforced restrictions from future visitations.
- All visitors must enter the facility through the front lobby area.
- Visitors will be asked to present an picture ID.
- All visitors must sign in at the front desk. Visitors will then be given an MPC visitor's badge.
- Visitors will be checked for possible safety hazards, then they will be escorted to the appropriate unit where they must sign in again at the nurses' station.
- Clients are limited to two (2) visitors at a time. No children under 16 are allowed on the unit.
- Attorneys, personal physicians, and clergy may visit at a reasonable time and in private.
- There is no visitation in client rooms. Visitors may visit in the dayroom and areas easily observed by MPC staff.
- All packages must be checked at the security station in the front lobby. Clients are limited to seven (7) changes of clothing.
- Clients are not allowed to have contraband of any kind. This includes matches, lighters, devices with cords, drugs, alcohol, over the counter medications, etc.
- No sharp metal, glass, hard plastic or wooden objects can be given to clients. Visitors in violation of this rule are subject to removal from the facility by hospital security or local law enforcement officers.
- No cameras, cell phones, or recording devices are allowed on the unit.
- If such devices are found, they will be confiscated and given to security.
- Visitors are not allow to bring food or drinks for clients
- Any visitor that raises the suspicion of being under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance will not be permitted to visit clients.
- Any visitor refusing to abide by these procedures may not visit clients.
Metropolitan St. Louis Psychiatric Center is a smoke-Free facility. Both inside the building and on the grounds outside.
Regarding Patient Confidentiality
Metropolitan St. Louis Psychiatric Center is bound by Federal Regulations regarding the confidentiality of our clients. These Regulations prohibit us from verifying whether a person is a patient in this facility without written permission from the patient.
Visitors are welcome during the following hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays of very week from 6.30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Weekends and holidays from1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
While visiting and after leaving, please respect our clients' right to privacy.
1 West - 314-877-0619
2 West - 314-877-0676