Online Suicide Prevention Training
A variety of organizations across the country currently offer online training programs at no charge.
Ask Listen Refer is a online suicide prevention training program, which can be completed in approximately 20 minutes, created for the faculty, staff, and students on Missouri campuses.
Missouri Ask Listen Refer is a free community version of the ALR program open to all Missouri residents.
Free Online Training Programs
- The SPRC's Online Training Site offers several enhanced courses for a variety of audiences that are available free of charge and can be completed at your own pace. Current courses include:
- A Strategic Planning Approach to Suicide Prevention
- Locating and Understanding Data for Suicide Prevention
- Counseling on Access to Lethal Means (CALM)
- Choosing and Implementing a Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper Training Program
- The Research Evidence for Suicide as a Preventable Public Health Issue
- Education on Ending Suicide: Suicide prevention education for Health Professionals and for Secondary Educators (formally www.endingsuicide.com)
- Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide (SPTS) University offers "Making Educators Partners in Youth Suicide Prevention"
- The Jason Foundation offers Professional Development Series: In-Service Training
- ACE Training (Ask, Care, Escort) from the Wingman Project
Archived Webinars and Presentations
- SPRC Research to Practice Webinar Series
- Injury Control Research Center for Suicide Prevention (ICRC-S) Webinar Archives
- AFSP's Public Policy Webinar Series
- Working Minds Radio Podcasts
- Screening for Mental Health Webinar Library: CollegeResponse
- Screening for Mental Health Webinar Library: Military Pathways
- TAPS (Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors, Inc)
- Youth Suicide Prevention Webinar Archive from the Nebraska Youth Suicide Prevention Partnership
- Hazelden archived webinars
- Recognizing the Warning Signs of Suicide in Your Clients and Colleagues (Hosted by the American Bar Association)
Addressing Suicidal Thoughts and Behaviors in Substance Abuse Treatment: Video companion to TIP 50
- Suicide in the US: Finding Pathways to Prevention On September 7, 2011 NIMH held a research symposium on suicide prevention. Click above to watch or download the archived video.
Those with questions about any of the above training should contact the sponsoring organization directly.
Information about programs included in the SPRC/AFSP Best Practice Registry can be found on the BPR pages of the SPRC website.
For information about upcoming in-person training opportunities, please visit our Calendar of Events page.