Online Suicide Prevention Training
A variety of organizations across the country currently offer online training programs at no charge.
Ask Listen Refer is a online suicide prevention training program, which can be completed in approximately 20 minutes, created for the faculty, staff, and students on Missouri campuses.
Missouri Ask Listen Refer is a free community version of the ALR program open to all Missouri residents.
Free Online Training Programs
- The SPRC's Online Training Site offers several enhanced courses for a variety of audiences that are available free of charge and can be completed at your own pace. Current courses include:
- Education on Ending Suicide: Suicide prevention education for Health Professionals and for Secondary Educators (formally www.endingsuicide.com)
Holding the Lifeline: A Guide to Suicide Prevention available through CSAP's Prevention Pathways Online Courses site
- Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide (SPTS) University offers "Making Educators Partners in Youth Suicide Prevention"
- The Jason Foundation offers Professional Development Series: In-Service Training
ACE Training (Ask, Care, Escort) from the Wingman Project
Archived Webinars and Presentations
- SPRC Research to Practice Webinar Series
- AFSP's Public Policy Webinar Series
- Working Minds Radio Podcasts
- Physician Suicide Webinars from the American Medical Association
- Screening for Mental Health Webinar Library: CollegeResponse
- Screening for Mental Health Webinar Library: Military Pathways
- TAPS (Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors, Inc)
- TeenScreen® National Center for Mental Health Checkups at Columbia University
- Training Library of the Florida Statewide Office of Suicide Prevention
- Youth Suicide Prevention Webinar Archive from the Nebraska Youth Suicide Prevention Partnership
- Well Aware Webinar Series
- Hazelden archived webinars
- Recognizing the Warning Signs of Suicide in Your Clients and Colleagues (Hosted by the American Bar Association)
Addressing Suicidal Thoughts and Behaviors in Substance Abuse Treatment: Video companion to TIP 50
- Suicide in the US: Finding Pathways to Prevention On September 7, 2011 NIMH held a research symposium on suicide prevention. Click above to watch or download the archived video.
Those with questions about any of the above training should contact the sponsoring organization directly.
Information about programs included in the SPRC/AFSP Best Practice Registry can be found on the BPR pages of the SPRC website.
For information about upcoming in-person training opportunities, please visit our Calendar of Events page.