Suicide Prevention: Upcoming Events
For the most current calendar updates, please visit our new Google Calendar:
- November 1-3: National Military Suicide Survivor Seminar and Good Grief Camp for Young Survivors (Colorado Springs, CO) - 5th annual event hosted by TAPS (Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors).
- November 2: Self-Mutilation and Suicide: Stopping the Pain (Kansas City, MO) - One-day workshop presented by Jack Klott, LMSW. Co-sponsored by Saint Luke’s North Hospital, Tri-County Mental Health Services, and MSPP.
- November 4-5: Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) workshop (St. Louis, MO) - For additional information about the two-day ASIST workshop click here.
- November 23: International Survivors of Suicide Day will connect survivors from around the world through a live national satellite and Internet broadcast, allowing survivors to share their experiences of loss. Email the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention if you interested in organizing a local conference.
- November 21: Children’s Grief Awareness Day (Nationwide)
- December 5-7: Missouri Coordinated School Health Coalition Annual Conference (Lake Ozark, MO)
- December 8: Annual Worldwide Candle Lighting Event (Worldwide) Hosted by the Compassionate Friends to remember and honor the memories of all children.
Find or Schedule Other Events:
- Those in one of the five Resource Centers areas are encouraged to contact your regional coordinator to schedule local training.
- Looking to get involved in local efforts? This list of local Coalitions included meeting and contact information.
- Visit the Mental Health First Aid website for a list of upcoming MHFA workshops being offered in Missouri. Please contact the instructor for registration details.
Chemical Suicide: Information for Emergency Responders (Various dates and locations) - The Missouri Emergency Response Commission (MERC) is offering this 3 hour POST approved course throughout the state.
- The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention offers regular "Drop-In" Conference Calls for facilitators of local suicide bereavement support groups. For a schedule and details, please visit the AFSP website.
Support Groups for Survivors
For the most up-to-date information on meeting times of support groups in Missouri please phone or email the contact person listed on the following two web sites:
Click here to suggest other events to be included on this page.
Unless otherwise noted events listed on this page are NOT sponsored by the Department of Mental Health.