Peer Specialist Training and Certification
The application process for the Peer Specialist training is now on-line. Go to www.peerspecialist.org to apply.
An individual must meet the following qualifications:
- Self identify as a present or former primary consumer of mental health services.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Pass background check or request an exception to the findings
- Complete a State approved training program and pass a standardized examination
- Have a job commitment from a mental health agency
- Complete the application located on the following website at www.peerspecialist.org
- Complete a 5-Day Basic Training Program.
- Following completion of the 5-Day Basic Training Program, the individual must pass a State of Missouri approved certification examination within six months.
Annual continuing education will be offered so that a Peer Specialist can maintain certification.
See the Peer Specialist brochure for more detail.