Special Job Listings/Administrative
Missouri Department of Mental Health
Director, Division of Developmental Disabilities
The Department of Mental Health is seeking a Director, Division of Developmental Disabilities. The Director of Developmental Disabilities oversees the administration of five Home and Community-based Waivers serving eligible persons with developmental disabilities in their homes and communities, five state-operated habilitation centers statewide, and supervises approximately 1,200 contracted community services providers and reports to the Department Director.
The Director of Developmental Disabilities is responsible for assuring that Missourians with developmental disabilities have access to programs and services that will enable them to live as independently and productively as possible. The division serves approximately 33,900 individuals with an annual division budget of $860 million.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide leadership that assures the Department Division’s mission, values and outcomes are implemented throughout the state;
- In collaboration with the DMH Leadership Team, work closely with the Governor’s Office and the Legislature in the annual budget process.
- Collaborate with County Developmental Disability Boards who share in the operation and funding of DD waiver services that allow eligible participants to continue living in the community with their families;
- Maintain an effective working relationship with advocates, stakeholders, community leaders, schools, and individual providers and agencies serving people with developmental disabilities;
- Communicate effectively with consumers and family members regarding Division and facility policies, practices and activities that promote consumer and family involvement in decisions affecting their individual services;
- Work collaboratively and creatively with staff from other state agencies to maximize services for individuals with developmental disabilities;
- Promote Self-Directed Support (SDS) for individuals with developmental disabilities who wish to exercise more choice, control and authority over their supports;
- Qualification requirements include at least five years in an administrative capacity related to the direction, funding or support of programs or administrative services for persons with developmental disabilities.
- At least a Master’s degree preferred in a field related to the administration or provision of human services programs, including degrees in Social Work, Business Administration, Public or Educational Administration, Special Education, or a clinical specialty area serving people with disabilities.
Salary: $104,355.00 annually
Qualified persons may send resume and cover letter by May 9, 2014 to:
James Jackson, Office of Human Resources
Department of Mental Health
P.O. Box 687
Jefferson City, MO 65102
Fax: (573) 526-4561
An Equal Opportunity Employer, services provided on a nondiscriminatory basis.