Money Follows the Person (MFP) Demonstration
The overall goal of MFP is "to support people who have disabilities and those who are aging to move from a nursing facility or state owned habilitation center to a quality community setting that meets their needs and wants." Additional information regarding the MFP demonstration is available here.
DD Money Follow the Person Webinar: This webinar consists of a Power Point presentation describing the Money Follows the Person Demonstration grant as it applies to individuals supported by the Division of Developmental Disabilities who are transitioning from a nursing home or ICF/ID. The webinar explains the role of the Support Coordinator in assisting eligible individuals to participate in Money Follows the Person.
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) requires that Missouri conduct quality of life surveys for all MFP participants. The Money Follows the Person demonstration is seeking individuals to conduct these quality of life surveys. Surveys must be conducted with individuals transitioning from habilitation centers and nursing facilities into the community who participate in the Money Follows the Person Demonstration.
What Those Interested in Conducting Surveys Should Know:
- State employees and MO HealthNet providers or their employees cannot be considered as MFP Surveyors.
- You must complete the application packet. (See links below)
- You must pass a background check.
- You must complete required training. (This training lasts about 2 hours and might be provided in person or over the telephone, at the discretion of the MFP Director.)
- You must have good communication skills and an interest in working with individuals with disabilities or the aged population.
- Enrolling as a surveyor does not obligate you to conduct surveys. It simply places you on a list to be notified of surveying opportunities that are available in your area.
- Typical surveys take 1 - 2 hours to complete.
- The state will reimburse $100 for each completed survey once the individual moves to the community.
For application and reimbursement information see the following:
- MFP Surveyor Letter
- MFP Surveyor Application - Required
- MFP Surveyor Confidentiality Statement - Required
- Caregiver Background Screening Form - Required
- Vendor Input Form (Clicking here will take you to the Office of Administration website) - Required Questions may be directed to Julie Juergens at 573-751-8021.