Northwest Missouri Autism Project
The Northwest Missouri Autism Project serves individuals through the Albany and Kansas City Regional Offices; Programs and services offered through the Autism Projects are designed to assist in skill development of individuals with ASD and provide needed training and support for families.
- Missouri Revised Statutes Section 633.220
- Code of State Regulations 9 CSR 45-3.060.
- Northwest Missouri Parent Advisory Committee By-laws
- Northwest Missouri Parent Advisory Committee Meetings
- Meeting Minutes and Agendas
- Autism Project Map/Funding
Northwest MO Autism Project Family and Support Coordinator Information
Information for Families
- "Help for You and Your Child with Autism" brochure
- Interactive Autism Network
- Sharing Our Strengths Card
- Sharing Our Strengths Referral
- Family Information
- MO Autism Project Map
- Service Reference Guide
- ASD Family Survey
Information for Support Coordinators
- Support Coordinator Roles and Responsibilities
- Autism Project Flowchart
- Referral Form
- Services Reference Guide
- Provider and Services Choices Form
- PA&I: Autism Project Services
- CFF Families Provider Information Form
- CFF Family Friend Documentation
- CFF Monthly Travel Documentation
- How to Use ASD Information & Resource Folder
- Letter from Support Coordinator - Albany Regional Office
- Letter from Support Coordinator - Kansas City Regional Office
Autism Project Services May Include:
- Advocacy training;
- Behavior management training and supports;
- Communication and language therapy;
- Consultation on individualized education and habilitation plans;
- Crisis intervention;
- Information and referral assistance;
- Life skills;
- Music therapy;
- Occupational therapy, sensory integration therapy, and consultation;
- Parent or caregiver training;
- Public education and information dissemination;
- Respite care; and
- Staff training
The Northwest Missouri Advisory Committee on Autism
The Northwest Missouri Autism Project shall have a parent advisory committee composed of seven to nine persons that have family members with autism, including family members that are young children, school-age children, and adults. The members shall be Missouri residents and their family members with autism shall have met the divisions eligibility requirements specified under 630.005, RSMo.
No committee member shall be a service provider, a member of a service provider’s board of directors, or an employee of a service provider. Members are nominated by the parent advisory committee for three-year terms and appointed by the District Deputy Director. Members can be a person with autism or a family member of a child or adult with autism. Annual elections for Chair, Vice-chair, and Secretary are held in July.
Each parent advisory committee has by-laws specific to the committee’s project area, which are consistent with the parameters established by 9 CSR 45-3.060 Autism Services and the Missouri Advisory Committee on Autism.
Attendance and participation at parent advisory committee meetings are strongly encouraged for persons that have a family members with autism, persons with autism, other interested parties, and the general public.
The committee’s responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Contract monitoring;
- Review of annual Department of Mental Health (department) audits of projects;
- Recommendation of services to be provided based on input from families;
- Recommendation of policy, budget, and service priorities;
- Monthly review of service delivery;
- Public education and awareness;
- Recommendation of service providers to the division for administration of the projects;
- Recommendation of contract cancellation.
For additional information about the Autism Project or Regional Offices contact:Albany Regional Office
809 North 13th St
Albany MO 64402
660-726-5165 (Fax) Kansas City Regional Office
821 E Admiral Blvd.
PO Box 412557