Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Fact Sheet (Revised 10-08)
- Missouri Autism Projects
- Missouri Statewide List of Autism Support Groups
- The Missouri Autism Research and Response Agenda (MARRA)
- Interactive Autism Network (IAN)
- Could My Child Have Autism? (Brochure)
- Rapid Response Initiative
- Resource Guide
- Missouri Blue Ribbon Panel on Autism
- Missouri Blue Ribbon Panel on Autism- Final Report
Autism spectrum disorders ASDs are a group of developmental disabilities defined by significant delays in communication, learning, behavior and social development.
Autism is a lifelong developmental disability, resulting from a neurological disorder that affects brain functioning. Autism typically appears during the first three years of life.
New developments in research and therapy have unlocked some of autism's mysteries and, with them, some of the lives affected by autism. According to the Centers for Disease Control, the prevalence of autism and autism spectrum disorders is estimated to occur in as many as one in every 150 children.
Click on the links above for additional facts about autism and to learn more about Missouri's Autism Projects.