Who We Serve
Admission Criteria To be Admitted to Cottonwood:
- the child must be between the ages of 6 to 17.
- the child must have a serious psychiatric disorder as defined in Axis I of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV). (If the child has only a diagnosis of conduct disorder, mental retardation, developmental disorder, or substance abuse, they do not meet admission criteria.)
- the child needs a supervised residential setting for treatment – a less restrictive environment is unsuccessful or unsafe.
- the child must be able to independently accomplish activities of daily living (feeding, bathing and toileting).
- Cottonwood must be appropriate to meet the safety and treatment needs of the referred child within the program.
- A discharge plan is identified with involved and responsible parties (parents, guardians, Administrative Agent, etc.) providing needed assistance and support for discharge and aftercare