Block Grant Applications
The Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment (SAPT) Block Grant application provides the means for States to comply with the reporting provisions of the Public Health Service Act (42 USC 300x-21-64) as implemented by the Interim Final Rule and the Tobacco Regulation for the SAPT Block Grant (45 CFR Part 96, parts XI and IV, respectively). Part of the mission of the Center for Substance Abuse Treatment (CSAT) is to assist States and communities to improve activities and services provided with funds from the SAPT Block Grant. The information gathered for the application can help States describe and analyze sub-state needs. This data can also be used to report to the State legislature and other State and local organizations. Aggregated together, statistical data from States' applications can demonstrate to Congress the magnitude of the national substance abuse problem. This information will also provide Congress with a better understanding of funding needs. The SAPT Block Grant Application is prepared and submitted annually to the Center for Substance Abuse Treatment (CSAT) by the Missouri Department of Mental Health, Division of Behavioral Health (DBH), formerly the Divisions of Alcohol and Drug Abuse and Comprehensive Psychiatric Services. The application is a requirement for receiving Missouri’s portion of the SAPT Block Grant, a major source of DBH funding. The SAPT application includes a state plan that describes how SAPT funds will be used.
The CSAT requires each state to have a process to facilitate public comment in developing the plan and the application for Block Grant funds. The Division encourages interested persons to review the application and submit comments and suggestions that can be considered for inclusion in the next Block Grant application submission.
Please mail your comments to: Director, Division of Behavioral Health; P.O. Box 687; Jefferson City, MO 65102. You can also e-mail your comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FY 2014 SAPT Block Grant Report
- FY 2014-2015 Behavioral Health Block Grant State Plan
- FY 2013 SAPT Block Grant Report
- FFY 2012-2013 Missouri SAPT Block Grant Plan
- FFY 2011 Missouri SAPT Block Grant Application
- FFY 2010 Missouri SAPT Block Grant Application
- FFY 2009 Missouri SAPT Block Grant Application
- FFY 2008 Missouri SAPT Block Grant Application
- FFY 2007 Missouri SAPT Block Grant Application
- FFY 2006 Missouri SAPT Block Grant Application
- FFY 2005 Missouri SAPT Block Grant Application
- FFY 2004 Missouri SAPT Block Grant Application