The Missouri Division of Alcohol and Drug Abuse (ADA) has engaged in comprehensive statewide efforts to educate merchants on the state's tobacco laws. Various educational activities, including retailer visits, are conducted throughout the state by contracted Regional Support Centers (RSC). Merchant education is provided to retailers to help Missouri keep its Synar rate under 20 percent.
Retailer Best Practices
Federal and State Regulations
- Tobacco Signage
- Missouri Youth Access Laws
- Synar Amendment
- Selling to Minors: RSMo 407.924-407.934
- Legal Age to Sell Tobacco: RSMo 294.040
- FDA Tobacco Regulations, Education, Prevention and Control Widget
- FDA Draft Guidance for Industry: Tobacco Retailer Training Programs
- FDA Information and Free Promotional Materials
Retailer tobacco training is available through the Divison of Alcohol and Tobacco Control (ATC). For more information, please visit ATC's website at http://www.atc.dps.mo.gov
Please contact the Division of Alcohol and Drug Abuse at 573-751-4942 if you would like information on State Law Signs.