Missouri Behavioral Health Epidemiology Workgroup
Welcome to the website of the Missouri Behavioral Health Epidemiology Workgroup (MO-BHEW). This group represents state agencies and universities that share an interest in data on substance abuse, mental health, and other behavioral health. The workgroup is supported through funding from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Center for Substance Abuse Prevention.
Mission and Purpose of the MO-BHEW
- Create a system to collect, monitor, integrate, and analyze substance abuse and mental health data to produce a comprehensive and accurate picture of behavioral health issues in Missouri and our communities.
- Disseminate information to state and community agencies, decision-makers, and the public.
- Inform and guide behavioral health prevention policy, program development, and evaluation.
Data Website Operational
The MO-BHEW has completed the first phase of a website that provides access to a variety of Missouri behavioral health data. A querying tool allows users to select and compare indicators, subpopulations, time periods, and geographies. Data results are displayed as a chart which can be easily inserted into other work products or can be downloaded as a table for further manipulation. Currently available datasets include Missouri Student Survey, National Survey on Drug Use and Health, substance abuse and mental health treatment, problem indicators reported by state agencies, and census population estimates. Visit http://dmh.mo.gov/seow/default.aspx.
MO-BHEW Meeting Schedule
All meetings are held at the Missouri Department of Mental Health in Jefferson City unless otherwise noted.
- December 17, 2013
- September 17, 2013 — Agenda
- June 11, 2013 — Agenda
- March 19, 2013 — Agenda
- December 18, 2012 — Agenda
- May 15, 2012 — Agenda
- February 21, 2012 — Agenda
- November 8, 2011 — Agenda— Minutes
- August 16, 2011 — Agenda— Minutes
- June 21, 2011 — Agenda— Minutes
- April 19, 2011 — Agenda— Minutes
- March 22, 2011 — Agenda— Minutes
- February 14, 2011 — Agenda— Minutes
- January 18, 2011 — Agenda — Minutes
- NEW: Emerging Drugs (October 2013)
- National Recovery Month (September 2013)
- Drug Overdose Deaths in Missouri (July 2013)
- Substance Use by Age Group (May 2013)
- Bullies as a High Risk Group (April 2013)
- Missouri's Adult Past Year Mental Health (March 2013)
- Missouri's Adult Past Year Substance Use (January 2013)
- School Bonding as a Protective Factor (November 2012)
- Adolescent Bullying in Missouri (September 2012)
- Youth Synthetic Drug Use in Missouri (August 2012)
- Peer Substance Use in Missouri (July 2012)
- Boating while Intoxicated in Missouri (May 2012)
- Age of First Use in Missouri (April 2012)
- Marijuana Use in Missouri (March 2012)
- Suicide in Missouri (January 2012)
- Tobacco Use in Missouri (November 2011)
- Underage Drinking in Missouri (October 2011)
- Depression and Substance Use in Missouri Youth (August 2011)
- Drunk Driving in Missouri (July 2011)
- Who in Missouri is Using . . . (April 2011)
- How Does Missouri Compare in . . . (March 2011)