Mission, Vision and Values
Prevention, Treatment, and Promotion of Public Understanding for Missourians with mental illnesses, developmental disabilities, and addictions.
- Hope, Opportunity , Community Inclusion
- Missourians receiving mental health services will have the opportunity to pursue their dreams and live their lives as valued members of their communities.
- Community Inclusion
- Missourians who participate in mental health services are welcomed and equally included in education, work, housing, and social opportunities in their communities.
- Accessible, Safe, Affordable, and Integrated Services
- Missourians with mental health needs easily access safe, affordable, and integrated medical and behavioral services.
- Partners in Personal Service Design
- Missourians participating in mental health services are active partners in designing their services and supports.
- Effectiveness Measured by Participant Outcomes
- The effectiveness of Missouri’s mental health services is measured by meaningful outcomes experienced by the people receiving them.
- Valued and Motivated Staff
- Missourians receive mental health services from competent, motivated, and highly valued staff serving as effective stewards of the public trust.
- Prevention and Early Intervention
- Emphasizing prevention and early intervention strategies avoids or minimizes the mental health problems of Missourians.
- Respected Unique Participant Characteristics
- Missourians participating in mental health services are valued for their uniqueness and diversity and respected without regard to age, ethnicity, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, or socio-economic condition.