An individual is denied services from the Division of MR/DD, based on eligibility, appeals that decision.
Authority: 9 CSR 40-45-2.020
- Appellant contacts hearings officer/designee within thirty (30) days of receipt of final letter from Regional Center Director, to request a hearing.
- The responsible Assistant Attorney General is contacted, and a hearing date is agreed upon.
- Hearings officer notifies the appellant, by registered mail, of the date, place and time of the hearing.
- Hearing must be scheduled between the thirtieth (30th) and sixtieth (60th) days from the date of appeal.
- Appellant may request a continuance.
- Decision must be issued within thirty (30) days of the hearing.
- Decision may be appealed to Director, Department of Mental Health
Copies of the decision are sent to:
- Appellant (original)
- Appellant's attorney (if appropriate)
- Regional Center Director
- Division Director
- Assistant Attorney General
- Assistant Attorney General Unit Leader