PurposeAn employee of a community-based provider is found to have committed abuse or neglect against DMH client(s), and appeals that decision.
Authority: 630.050 RSMo, DOR 2.210,9 CSR 10-5.200
- Appellant contacts hearings officer/designee within ten (10) days of receipt of final letter from Regional Center Director or Regional Manager, to request a hearing.
- The responsible Assistant Attorney General is contacted, and a hearing date is agreed upon.
- Hearings officer notifies the appellant, by registered and regular mail, of the date, place and time of the hearing.
- Hearing must be scheduled and held within thirty (30) days of date of appeal.
- Appellant may request a continuance.
- Decision must be issued within fourteen (14) days of the hearing.
Copies of the decision are sent to:
- Appellant (original)
- Appellant's attorney (if appropriate)
- Regional Center Director (MRDD) or Regional Manager (CPS/ADA)
- Appropriate Division Director
- Assistant Attorney General
- Assistant Attorney General Unit Leader
- Investigations Program Director (cover letter only)
- Deputy Division Director/DD (cover letter only)