Our CommitmentThe Missouri Department of Mental Health along with our partners, community provider agencies, other state and local funding agencies is committed to enhancing community employment options for persons we serve. The Department believes that all individuals who want to work CAN work and contribute to their community when given opportunity, training, and supports that build on an individual’s strengths. Our expectation is that everyone of working age and those supporting them should consider work as their first option as fully participating members of their community, and should build on career planning and engage in work that makes sense to them.
Our Vision and BeliefsEmployment is a viable option for all people who want to work.
- People who want to work can work
- People that are of working age are expected to work
- People have the right to achieve their career goals
- People should earn prevailing wage in an integrated setting of their choice
- People should have the opportunity and support to realize economic self-sufficiency